Course For Parents:
Venue: Mercer Hotel, Mercer St., Dublin 2. (behind Stephen’s Green Shopping Centre).
Dates: Wednesday 24th February and 3rd March, 2010.
Time: 7.00 – 9.30 pm each evening.
This course will take place over two evenings. Topics covered will include:
* Understanding Dyslexia.
* Understanding the assessment report.
* Accessing support in school, e.g. learning support, Irish exemption, exam accommodations.
* Practical suggestions for parents and helping with homework.
* Planning for the future – second level and beyond.
* Computers and assistive technology.
Fee per parent: €60 (DAI Members) €85 (Non-Members).
Reduced rates available for people on social welfare/low income.
(Coffee/tea will be provided on arrival).
The course information and booking form can be downloaded below.
Course for Junior Cert. Students
A free course for Junior Certificate students with dyslexia will be run concurrently with the Parents’ Course on Wednesday, 3rd March. This students’ course is for 3rd Year students only. The course will cover topics such as study skills and exam preparation for the Junior Certificate. There is no fee for the students’ course but students’ families must be current members of the Dyslexia Association of Ireland. The Booking form for this course is included in the above Parents’ Course Brochure.