To date Offaly Dyslexia Group has had remarkable support from a number of sources such as private individuals, local businesses, national businesses and public companies.
It is thanks to our benefactors that we have been able to pursue our goal of offering children with dyslexia support. Whether your donation has been large or small, financial or time oriented, we the committee members offer you our grateful thanks.
- A massive thank you to Laois/Offaly ETB for all their support. LOETB currently provide us with our home in Castle Buildings, and have also partnered with us in the past to create the Adult Dyslexia classes in the Offaly Area.
- From 2010 – 2016 St. Mary’s Youth Centre, Tullamore were more than generous in sponsoring our workshops. We were allowed the use of a suite of rooms and an IT suite. This allowed the group to extend the facilities offered to children with dyslexia in the Midlands area and a programme suitable for children in secondary school was able to be created.
- Many thanks to Geashill National School who generously allowed us to use their facilities during the Autumn/Winter term 2009 and the Spring/Summer term 2010.
- The Board of Management and the staff of Daingean National School must be offered hearty thanks for their assistance. We are grateful to them for providing our first ever home in 2009.
- Thanks, must also be offered to those un-sung heroes, the folk who have been kind enough to offer us publicity, in the form of air play on Midlands Radio 3, the publication of press releases in the local newspapers and the many other people who have helped us in the area of public relations and raising the profile of the group.
Many thanks also go to the following:
- IPB Insurance
- The Community Foundation for Ireland
- The EBS Building Society Community Fund
- The OAK Partnership
- Mahon Oil
- Bord na Móna
Should you wish to become one of our benefactors please contact us to discuss your ideas.