DAI Course for Parents
Venue: Radisson Hotel, Cork Airport, Cork.
Dates: 8th May 2010.
Time: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.
Topics covered on this one-day course will include:
- Understanding Dyslexia.
- Understanding the assessment report.
- Accessing support in school, e.g. learning support, Irish exemption, exam accommodations.
- Practical suggestions for parents and helping with homework.
- Planning for the future – second level and beyond.
- Computers and assistive technology.
Fee per parent: €60 (DAI Members) €85 (Non-Members).
Reduced rates available for people on social welfare/low income.
(Coffee/tea will be provided at the mid-morning break).