DAI Courses for Parents will be next run in May 2011 as follows:
7th May 2011 – The Lucan Spa Hotel, Lucan, Co. Dublin.
Topics covered on this one-day parents’ courses will include:
- Understanding Dyslexia.
- Understanding the assessment report.
- Accessing support in school, e.g. learning support, Irish exemption, exam accommodations.
- Practical suggestions for parents and helping with homework.
- Planning for the future – second level and beyond.
- Computers and assistive technology.
The information and application form for this course is available below:
Lucan – 7th May 2011.
This parents’ course will be run again in the autumn in other parts of the country.